Joanna Michele

My amazing little girl - Born July 11, 2010 - 7lbs 14oz 19in.

Friday, March 18, 2011

8 months later..


So I guess I finally decided to write a blog for my baby! I think it's a great idea especially since I am 2500 miles from my family. They can really see whats going on with my little miss :-)

From the moment that I became pregnant, I knew that our baby would be special. When we found out that she was a girl, I knew she was going to be even more special because her name would be Joanna.

*A little back story*
....when I met my husband and learned that his mothers name was Joann and he learned that my grandmothers name was Jo Anne, both of whom past away, he asked that one day, if we have a girl can we name her Joanne? I said yes and funny enough we were sitting outside on the swing, looking at the stars. She happened to be born on an eclipse. This is an important event and means much more than we can even imagine. 

Anyway, when I actually became pregnant, we decided a boy and girl name and I added the more modern version of Joann with an a instead and that's how we have Joanna.

When she was born and I first laid my eyes on her, I couldn't believe how beautiful she was and that she was ours. It's an amazing feeling to share with the person you love the best gift ever, and this is a child. My husband and I have such endless amounts of love for her. She is the start of something great, a beautiful family that my husband and I are trying to build.

As Joanna develops and learn new things, I see how smart she is and wow I created a person. There is a little someone in that little baby body and she has a lot to say!

I love when our eyes lock and I can feel that loving bond mother and baby have. It is literally the most amazing feeling of the world. She is so special and I can feel her power. She will have everything and do anything she wants. She's destined for nothing but greatness.

As her mother, I have promised her and God, the world. She will have it and more. I will provide her with all the love she can stand and be so patient with her and teach her what is right and what is wrong. I will remember that she is a baby and she is learning. She is most important and comes before me and anything else. I promise to always take my time with her and help her learn. She knows nothing of time or anything else we've got going on in this year of 2011.

She is my baby, I am her mother, that is all she knows and that is the way it will always be. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home